By Angie Stewart
Need for Oral Health on the Rise
- Facilities at the dental clinic at Fox Cities Community Health Center in Menasha, WI will be expanding to a larger building in Grand Chute to accommodate the growing number of dental patients.
- According to an article in the Addison County Independent, Five-Town Health Alliance in Bristol, VT is submitting a grant application for an FQHC in collaboration with a group who has been trying to establish a dental practice able to accommodate a large number of under insured, uninsured, and Medicaid patients.
It’s Flu Season Again
- Sonoma Valley Community Health Center in Sonoma, CA is partnering with the Sonoma County Public Health Department to hold a public flu immunization clinic on Saturday, December 4. While a donation of $15 is recommended, no one will be turned away because of inability to pay.
- Jordan Valley Community Health Center in Springfield, MO is collaborating again this year with the Springfield-Green County Health Department to offer the flu vaccine to Springfield public school students.
Giving Back to the Community
- The Flint Hills Community Health Center in Emporia, KS is donating $100 in food vouchers for a local market to the families of students in the local school district. These vouchers may be used for vegetables, fruit, baked goods, cereal, eggs, meat, poultry, and cheese.
- The Bellingham Herald in Bellingham, WA is announcing it’s third annual Extend-a-Hand program to raise money for emergency aid for residents to find and keep housing, and receive much-needed prescriptions from the local Community Health Center.