By: Beau Boughamer
It’s shaping up to be the busiest of weeks — with President Obama unveiling his health reform proposal today (featuring $11 billion for health centers) and the Policy and Issues conference commencing in Washington! — so before these are lost in the shuffle, here are some recent health center headlines.
- Georgia Public Broadcasting was one of many outlets to cover Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’ stimulus anniversary visit to Palmetto Health Council’s Carrollton location in Atlanta.
- High-profile Washington Post columnist Robert McCarthy visited Virginia’s Greater Prince William Community Health Center and described it as a stimulus success story.
- Nonprofit Quarterly‘s Nonprofit Newswire blog highlighted research on health centers and stimulus effectiveness. So did The Hill.
- Mid-Michigan’s WLNS-TV reported on outreach efforts at the Michigan Primary Care Association.
- In Illinois, MySuburbanLife.com published an insightful piece about the impact of health centers in a community.
- NPR ran a great piece on a smoking cessation program at the Dorchester House health center in Massachusetts.
- The Montrose Press reported on kind words from the First Lady of Colorado for school-based health centers.
- LoHud.com published a piece about Community HealthCorps volunteers at Open Door Family Medical Center.