August 13, 2010
National Health Center Week (NHCW) officially ends tomorrow but that doesn’t mean that the celebration is over. Health centers have a lot to be proud of and will continue to flourish and make a difference in the lives of the patients that they serve. As the week winds down, health centers across the nation will wrap-up their week-long festivities and pat themselves on the back knowing that they’ve successfully conquered another week of celebrating America’s Health Centers!
August 11, 2010
Across the country, health centers are celebrating National Health Center Week! Check out some the videos that were submitted.
- NCB Capital in Arlington, VA sends a big “Thank You” to health centers for the hard work they do!
- Judith Herman, Consumer Board Member at AltaMed Medical Group in El Monte, CA speaks about her experiences at the health center.
- AmeriCorps Outreach staff at Oakland Primary Health Services talk about the great work their Community Health Center is doing.
- Oakland Primary Health Services presents a Health Care Defender Award to U.S. Representative Gary Peters.
Keep up the good work, and let us know what your health center is up to this week!
August 10, 2010
National Health Center Week (NHCW) has started with a bang and has taken over several headlines this week. Here’s a look at what some health centers are doing to celebrate:
- Neighborhood Health Clinics in Fort Wayne, IN is celebrating this week with an open house as well as a mayoral proclamation. Free ice cream was given out as well as an opportunity to tour the facility.
- Health Centers in Arizona and Nevada were highlighted in Public News Service.
- Riggs Community Health Center in Lafayette, IN invites the public to free food, music and various activities for the children in celebration of NHCW.
- Mississippi health centers have a little more to celebrate after Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour signed a proclamation recognizing NHCW in Mississippi.
- The Sun Life Family Health Center in Pinal County, AZ is excited to be hosting a free education workshop on diabetes as well as receiving a visit from Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick. Sun Life will wrap up health center week with an employee appreciation event.
- A blood drive, health screenings, car-seat-check-up and luncheon are just a few of the events that Kinston Community Health Center Inc. in Kinston, NC will host this week.
- The West End Medical Center in Atlanta, GA was spotlighted in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after having had the pleasure of having U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin visit their health center to celebrate NHCW.
- Senator John Kerry also decided to help celebrate NHCW and did so by touring the Geiger Gibson Community Health Center in Dorchester, MA.
- Community Health Centers in Connecticut are excited about hosting health fairs and free Tooth-Print ID’s this week.
- Residents in Turtle Lake, ND will be pleasantly surprised to hear that Northland Community Health Center has decided to host a pancake breakfast as well as show slide shows to educate the community on what health centers are and how they are beneficial.
- The Lakes Community Health Center in Iron River, WI will celebrate NHCW with a grand re-opening of their clinic later this week. This event will give residents an opportunity to visit the newly remodeled facility as well as learn about their services. Check out their story in the Daily Press.
- Springfield Medical Systems, Inc. is also excited about hosting several events this week in celebration of NHCW. Some of the events include free educational events and free health screenings. This story was highlighted in the Brattleboro Informer.
- Not only are health centers in newspaper headlines they are also getting news coverage on television. A patient at Little River Medical Center in Little River, SC was seen on a news clip expressing her excitement this week about the expansion of what has become her medical home.
Please leave a comment and let us know what your health center is doing this week!